Holly Springs UMC, in Holly Springs NC, is a growing congregation seeking a part-time director for our 11:00 am worship service choir. This is our traditional worship service that meets in our recently restored 100-year old sanctuary. Currently, we have an interim director leading the choir until we fill this position. A more detailed job description is available, but this position, which coordinates primarily with the pastor, will be empowered to enrich worship through their music ministry. This position will average 8 -10 hours per week. If you are interested in this opportunity, or for the full job description, please contact Pastor Jim Littleton at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (919) 557-3467.
• Nurtures the spiritual growth of choir members.
• Fosters the congregation’s spiritual enrichment through the ministry of music.
• Directs the 11:00 am Chancel Choir and leads the accompanist and volunteer choir members.
• Rehearses with the Choir once during the week and briefly before worship and any other performances.
• Teaches choral techniques to provide continued growth of choir member abilities.
• Participates in regular meetings with Pastor to discuss music program. Researches and recommends appropriate music for 11:00 worship services and special services (Ash Wednesday, Christmas Eve, etc.)
• Recruits choir members as needed.
• Purchases music as needed.
• Attends the quarterly Worship Committee Meetings.
• May be asked Pastor to attend other meetings important to the spiritual life of HSUMC.