Sunrise United Methodist Church is seeking candidates to fill our full-time Children & Youth Minister position. This position is primarily responsible for the spiritual formation programs for the children, and the middle school and high school youth at Sunrise UMC.
About Sunrise UMC:
We are a 600+ member thriving congregation in Holly Springs, chartered in 1997. There are 3 full-time staff members, 8 part-time staff members and a half-day preschool with a dedicated director and teachers.
Individual must be mature and responsible, modeling a life of holiness, faith & balance. We are looking for a dynamic leader that demonstrates a supportive and enthusiastic attitude, commitment to the church’s ministry, a sound understanding of the UMC doctrine, policy and missions, and is willing to maintain a flexible work schedule.
• Facilitate Sunday evening Youth Group
• Lead a weekly chapel program for the Sunrise Preschool classes
• Recruit volunteers to support specific activities such as Sunday School teachers, nursery attendants, vacation bible school, mission trips, etc
• Chair the Youth Ministry Team and the Children’s Ministry Team (committee functions: agenda; minutes; track expenses; budgeting, etc.)
• Plan, lead, and organize Youth Sunday annually
• Oversee the church’s safe sanctuary program
• Provide input to church publications and web sites
Please forward your cover letter and resume to the church office at 5420 Sunset Lake Rd, Holly Springs, NC 27540 or by email to Matt Raymondi at email@example.com. Full posting can be found on the church’s website here at www.mysunrise.org.