Children and Family Ministry Assistant
Amity UMC in Chapel Hill is looking for an assistant in our children and family ministry who will provide loving care for children. We want someone who will exemplify Amity’s mission – Alive in Christ! Embracing Diversity, Building Community, and Serving the World, and who will uphold the mission of the United Methodist Church, “to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.”
• Work on Sunday mornings and during special services and events including some evening and weekend hours.
• Work under the direction of the Children and Family Ministry with other team members, families and a diverse group of children and youth.
• Care for infants and toddlers as needed.
• Ensure that children are safe, following Amity’s Safe Sanctuary and other policies and practices.
• Restore order, pick up, put away materials, and clean up before leaving.
• Fulfill other duties as assigned by Children and Family Ministry Pastor/Director
Required: Loving God and all God’s people, flexibility, reliability, patience, good communication and interpersonal skills. If not a U.S. citizen, visa must allow working for the Church. Selected candidate must pass background check.
Desired: CPR for infants and children, some experience with children.
Compensation is $12/hour and hours are 8:45 – 11:45a.m. Sunday mornings.
For more information and to apply
Please visit our website http://amity.nccumc.net/ and contact Margaret Moore 919/933-3903 – email – Margaret_Moore@unc.edu