Hertford United Methodist Church located in northeast North Carolina, seeks a part-time Children, Youth and Family Ministries Coordinator to develop, plan, coordinate and help implement activities and programs for children, youth and families.
Principal responsibilities include leading and growing the Youth Fellowship (UMYF) Program (grades 6-12), organize and coordinate programs for children (preschool through 5th grade), and plan, coordinate and direct the Vacation Bible School (VBS) program each summer.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. Minimum of three (3) years experience in similar work environment
2. College degree in Education, Christian education, counseling, psychology, child development or other related field of study preferred, but not required.
3. Demonstrated leadership with children and youth programs, with emphasis on experience in Christian education.
4. Effective and appropriate communication skills with people of all ages, including listening, speaking, writing, computer and other technology skills.
5. Agree to a background check and drug testing.
6. Provide two (2) personal references and two (2) professional references.
7. Personal beliefs must align with United Methodist theology.
Name: Rich Lodge
Phone: (252) 426-5467