The Business Manager is responsible for processing the income (contributions) and dispersing those funds (payroll and invoices) for the operation of Harbor United Methodist Church and reporting to the finance committee on those transactions. The manager will also assist with the preparation of the annual budget to present to the Finance committee for approval.
The Manager is the primary liaison to the Finance Committee, Finance Secretary, and the Director of Ministry Development & Operations.
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required, and/or other equivalent experience.
2. Accounting management experience preferred.
3. Familiarity with accounting program software preferred.
4. Demonstrated leadership qualities.
5. Proven team player who can work well with the Pastor, church staff, and church members.
1. Process all contributions in cash, checks, & electronic entries and verify deposits.
2. Record contributions in contributor’s file in accounting software.
3. Prepare and send giving statements to contributors quarterly.
4. Process and pay all invoices to vendors and record in software weekly.
5. Process payroll semi-monthly.
6. Process and pay payroll taxes semi-monthly.
7. Forward apportionment and clergy pension and insurance payments to conference office monthly.
8. Prepare and present monthly reports to Finance Committee.
9. Working with Finance Chair and ministry leaders, prepare an annual budget for presentation to the Finance Committee.
10. Assist with an annual audit.
11. Assist with statistical reports to the conference.
12. To be determined: Tasks & responsibilities for Preschool and Afterschool programing income &