Christ United Methodist Church is a vibrant, growing faith community in the heart of Southern Village in Chapel Hill, NC. Planted in 1996, CUMC has been worshiping and serving the community for almost 25 years: seeking to connect people with God so that their faith might grow and that we might serve our neighbors together by living out our core values: compassionate love, active invitation, nourishing community, and abundant generosity.
We are currently accepting resumes for our Audio-Video Coordinator position, which is part time.
General Job Description
This part-time position provides both technical expertise as well as support for all of the church’s audio and video needs. This includes Sunday morning worship as well as special services throughout the church year. This role not only helps maintain and troubleshoot AV equipment and software, but also is responsible for servant (volunteer) coordination and training of the AV team.
Overview of Duties
– Invite, train, and schedule our audio and video team of church members
– Direct management of all audio/video equipment (sanctuary, classrooms, youth building, etc.)
– In conjunction with the trustees and finance committees, oversee the purchase and installation of new equipment
– Build ProPresenter slides for weekly worship services (in conjunction with the pastoral team and musicians)
– Upload sermons to the church website via podcast
– Must be available Sunday mornings from 7:30am-12:30pm
o 8:30am Contemporary, 9:45 & 11:00 Traditional
– Occasional seasonal services (Ash Wednesday, Christmas, Easter, etc.)
– Weddings/funerals/extra events are above and beyond and are compensated separa