Website Athens First United Methodist Church
Athens First United Methodist Church is seeking Director of Children’s Ministry that will provide leadership in all ministry areas involving children from birth through the end of fourth grade. The Director of Children’s Ministry will practice personal disciplines which enhance the validity of the Christian faith and the ability to communicate that faith through witness and example. Working with the Children’s Council, the director will be responsible to lead the planning, budgeting, and execution of the Children’s Ministry. The Director of Children’s Ministry is called to lead, guide, connect and strengthen children at Athens First UMC in their relationship with God. The Director of Children’s Ministry is supervised by the Minister of Program and is accountable to the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
- Responsible for all aspects of the multiple Children’s programs within the church, including weekly programs and special programs.
- Plan & coordinate Children’s Sunday School and Small Groups on Sundays at 9:30 & 11:00am, including the large group worship environment for children.
- Secure and train small group leaders, greeters, and all additional volunteers to implement an engaging, fun, and biblically deep Children’s Ministry.
- Select curriculum and materials used in the spiritual formation of the children. Coordinate all of the supplies needed to actively teach the curriculum to the children.
- Work with the Assistant Director of Children’s Ministry on lessons and takeaways for small group leaders each week.
- Work with the Assistant Director of Children’s Ministry to ensure a cohesive ministry plan from birth through 4th grade.
- Lead and support the Children’s Council and meet on a regular basis to review and revise the Children’s Ministry.
- Recruit, train and equip laity for ministry.
- Work in collaboration with other staff in areas of ministry that overlap Children’s Ministry: (Includes the following: Youth Ministry, Music Ministry, Recreation Ministry, Mission Ministry, Small Group Ministry).
- Supervise all staff members assigned to the Children’s Ministry including the Director of Weekday Preschool Program and Assistant Director of Children’s Ministry.
- Build Christ-centered relationships with children and families with children.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for all direct reports.
- Participate in worship services and special events as requested by Senior Minister.
- Attend all Staff, Committee, and Laity meetings as directed by Supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Ability to recruit, develop, and lead teams of adult and student volunteers.
- Ability to communicate the tenants of our faith in a manner that children can understand
- Undergraduate degree in Elementary Education, Christian Education, or related field preferred with experience in child development and education.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Experience working in a church setting and Children’s worship environment is highly desirable.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com