Associate Pastor/Youth Minister
First United Methodist Church Franklin, NC
66 Harrison Ave Franklin, NC 28734
828.524.3010 (Contact-Rev. David Beamfirstname.lastname@example.org)
The Associate Pastor/Youth Minister is to assist the Senior Pastor in providing spiritual and pastoral leadership to the membership of First United Methodist Church. The Associate Pastor will be primarily responsible for the growth and development of the youth ministry of the church.
Approximately 60% of the focus will be on youth ministry and approximately 40% on pastoral care, worship leading and programming ministries.
1. Youth Ministries – As the primary spiritual leader of all youth ministries (grades 6-12) this would include:
• work with the youth coordinator and youth council to plan and implement the youth program, which includes youth Sunday School, youth group, confirmation, etc.
• lead youth mission involvement (30 Hour Famine, mission trips, etc.)
• recruit and train youth counselors and Sunday School teachers
• provide pastoral care to our youth families
• communicate effectively with youth, parents and the congregation
• work with community leaders in youth ministries
• youth education program
2. Pastoral Care – Frequent home and hospital visits, funerals and weddings.
3. Worship – Lead worship on a regular basis as Sunday morning liturgist and preaching at least 8 times per year.
4. Education and Discipleship – Work with the Education chair and committee in overseeing the Christian education ministry of the church. Under the umbrella of the Education committee, serve as an advisor to the Children’s Council and Family Ministries Committee. Supervise childre