The Associate Chaplain assists in the provision and facilitation of a total program of pastoral and spiritual programming anticipating and responding to the needs of residents, families of residents, and to the needs of staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists the director in coordinating and planning worship services, study groups, and spiritual arts programs.
2. Works with the director, as needed in planning and implementing memorial services for residents and the families of residents.
3. In consultation with the director and residents, plans study and prayer groups in all facilities.
4. In consultation with the director, implements and provides such groups as bible study, book study, writing, poetry groups, and other activities exploring alternative expressions/experiences of spirituality.
5. Provides pastoral care to residents moving to a higher level of care in Asbury Place and Fitzgerald Health Center.
6. Provides assistance with visitation to residents in local hospitals.
7. Provides on-call care pursuant the HERD schedule.
8. Consults with staff and provides in-service training, as needed.
9. Attends meetings as deemed appropriate such as level of care, care planning and resident life/wellness.
10. Carries out any other tasks deemed necessary to the Spiritual Care of Arbor Acres by the Director of Spiritual Arts.
11. Is present or available during emergencies to assist the Incident Command Team and
during inclement weather, unless otherwise instructed.
12. Accepts administrative on-call responsibility.
Minimum Education & Experience
BA and MDD from accreedited theological seminary
3 years of experience pastoral care