Saint James United Methodist Church
Assistant Director of Music Worship and Arts
The Assistant Director of Music Worship and Arts (ADMWA) is a full-time position with responsibility for carrying out the mission and vision of St. James Methodist Church (SJUMC) Music Worship and Arts Ministries. The position reports to the Minister of Music and serves as an active and collaborative member of the Music Worship and Arts leadership team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Plans, administers, and directs the Men of Valor and Youth music ministries of the church in collaboration with the Minister of Music
• Assists with recruiting and overseeing members of several Music Worship & Arts ministries
• Attends weekly evening choir rehearsals and both Sunday morning worship services
• Assists with teaching, accompanying the organ/piano, and/or directing other choirs as needed while promoting and encouraging overall participation in the music ministry
• Helps to develop new music programming in collaboration with the minister of music
• Assists in the administration and planning, coordination, and development of the overall music program of the church, including, the church staff, Department directors, servant workers, musicians, all choirs, and the congregation
• Helps to build and increase participation within the youth praise team and the Men of Valor by engaging all ages with different music styles, genres, and instruments
• Assists with recruiting and incorporating singers from the congregation.
Salary $38,000 – $42,000………….Benefits