Westminster UMC is located in Kinston, NC and has an average weekly attendance of 200-250.
The Administrative Assistant supports the pastors and church staff through daily administration of all church communications, financial processes, and correspondence. The Administrative Assistant serves as a liaison between the congregation and the church administration, church staff, and Westminster Preschool, providing information, making inquiries, and fielding requests. The Administrative Assistant serves as a liaison between the church and community, fielding requests for facility use, assistance, and community support. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Senior Pastor. This is a part time position (currently 24 hours per week).
• Minimum: Associates Degree with minimum of two years experience in an office environment
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written formats
• Computer proficiencies that includes Word, Publisher, Outlook, IE, and Excel
• Organizational skills that include multitasking, assisting other staff and church members, planning programs and budgets, serving as a leader, team member, and liaison, and troubleshooting skills
• Basic understanding of the structure and beliefs of the United Methodist Church and NC Conference is helpful
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Visit the church website for a detailed job description. www.westminsterumc.net