Prospect United Methodist Church, Maxton, NC is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant primarily focus on assisting the church in carrying out its mission by planning and implementing effective organizational processes to achieve its goals. The salary is based on qualifications and experience. The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
• Serves as the primary financial manager of 8 PUMC accounts. Duties include but
are not limited to: bill payment and deposits for all accounts, tracking sales tax, reconciliation of bank statements and credit card accounts, preparation of monthly and annual financial reports, preparation of payroll, payment of staff withholdings, development of staff salary packages, etc.
• Serves as the primary contact for visitors, church members, and staff
• Serves as the primary purchaser of church supplies and materials
• Oversees the contracts of church equipment
• Put together and present financial report for Church Council meetings
• Work directly with the church accountant to maintain all church financial records
and to comply with state and federal guidelines.
• Be available for secretarial functions when necessary on Sunday Mornings.
• Must possess people skills
• Experience with QuickBooks, Word, Excel, and office equipment.
• Educational requirements are two (2) years business training and current
equivalent in-service training or experience to assure competent admin and
Job Contact Information:
Name: Brian Jones