Highland United Methodist Church in Raleigh, North Carolina is an inviting family of faith seeking to live, serve, and share Christ in our community and the world.
We are seeking to fill the position of Accountant. This position will report to the Business Administrator and will assist with the financial management of the church and the Highland Children’s Center.
Duties include: management of cash receipts, AP/AR, invoicing, charitable contributions, and the on-line payment system. Work with members of church clergy, staff, and ministry leaders to develop and monitor annual church budget. Monitor the budget, tax records, and assist with the audit process. Provide reporting data to the church Treasurer, clergy, and other church leaders on budgetary matters. Management of the Paychex payroll system and associated benefits for staff members.
Assist with other office projects and tasks as assigned.
Required Knowledges, Skills, and Experience:
– Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or related field plus three years’ experience in general accounting or bookkeeping.
– Must be comfortable working in a church environment
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Experience with accounting software required.
– Accuracy in work with accounting, cash counting and other mathematical applications
– Proven ability to appropriately manage confidential information
– Proven organization skills, ability to work with minimal direction, and strong verbal and written communication skills
Please submit your resume’ with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.