I’m writing today about a project launching next month called Living Grace showcasing young UM videographers. Sponsored by the AFTE scholars program, this is a video competition for young adults, 18 – 30, inviting them to tell stories of journey, community, and reconciliation in 3-minute videos. We want to unleash the creative potential of younger adults and curate visual stories of God’s ongoing work in the world through their eyes. These videos can be shared widely through online platforms and integrated into Bible studies, online curriculums, used as illustrations for sermons…the potential is limitless.
We need your help in your conference to make this project to share the invitation. Currently, our specific needs are:
- Videographers: Recruiting videographers to create our “foundational videos” that can be submitted by June 1 to generate early momentum and inspirational examples.
- Social Media Support: Sharing the word via social media by Liking and Sharing our Facebook Page. Facebook Like Button
- Media Support: Reporting this competition out via news sources/publications/magazines during our kick-off week May 18-22.
- Bloggers: Helping identify bloggers committed to write one time from May 18 – September 1 about the project, the current videos, and what they illuminate, teach, etc.
- Email Support: Share this information with others reaching. Stay in touch with all the latest updates by joining the email list clicking here
The key contact is Cate Tidwell, CTidwell@hebff.org, who is featured in the “Why Living Grace ” Video. She is available for interviews and would bring the younger adult’s view of the purpose and focus of the project.