PERSONAL CALLING STATEMENT FOR CHRISTINE HARMAN
My life purpose is to live responsively to God’s call and God’s purposes. By taking delight in the Lord, His desires will become mine (Psalm 37:4) and in them I shall find fulfillment and joy. As my life unfolds, my gifts and values will enable me to live an abundant life (John 10:10) that is whole and centered in Christ.
My mission is to apply my God-given gifts of teaching, leadership, and administration through my ministry roles that focus on lay and clergy spiritual formation. I will also share my own enthusiasm for the Gospel and the Church to inspire others with whom I have contact.
As I live out my purpose, I am guided by these values:
- Living Faith: Faith that permeates my life, expressing itself in corporate worship and personal devotion
- Personal Relationships: Initiating, nurturing, and treasuring my roles and relationships for they are great transitory gifts
- Creativity: Exercising my creative gifts through a diversified means of personal expressions
- Lasting Change: Maintaining a commitment to principles and practices that enable people to achieve positive, permanent transformation
- Lifelong Learning: Expanding my knowledge, skills, and abilities toward ever-increasing effectiveness
- Ministry Formation: Assisting others in their growth by offering myself as a teacher, a coach, and a mentor, and continually seeking out persons to fulfill those roles for me
My vision is to be considered a worthwhile contributor to creative processes that equip lay and clergy leaders of local congregations to grow in sanctifying grace and live as disciple-making disciples;
- people are no longer content to be passive consumers of religion;
- churches take the risks to live beyond themselves; and
- disciples of Jesus Christ are made for the transformation of the world.
Lord, as you have claimed me and called me, let it be done to me according to your will. Amen.