Registration is now open for the online course in stewardship, “Afire with God: Becoming Spirited Stewards.” The course will run from April 17 – 28. Registration is available at this link and will close on April 12. The course fee is $30 and can be paid through PayPal. Participants must also purchase the required text separately.
Stewardship is about more than meeting the budget and this course examines how stewardship is an expression of how disciples live out the gospel and all God has entrusted to us. Participants will:
- Describe their faith journey as a steward for God
- Evaluate their local church’s system of operation and stewardship response
- Describe ‘repairing the world’ as a central issue of stewardship
- Explore the “means of grace” as a concept of stewardship and how one’s personal practice of stewardship is a sign of one’s discipleship
- Examine concepts of corporate stewardship planning and determine ways their congregations can renew their sense of stewardship
This course also awards credit as an Advanced Course in Lay Servant Ministry.