The Conference Council on Youth Ministries of the North Carolina Conference United Methodist Church is pleased to present the following events throughout the year for United Methodist youth and youth groups. Click here to access the 2013 YOUTH EVENTS brochure and application. The deposit for all youth events is $25.00 with the exception of Global Vision, which is $125.00.
2013 Youth Events ~ Lead Deans and Dates
- Global Vision ~ Tom Pritchard ~ March 12-17 – Washington/New York
- Kaleidoscope ~ Jay locklear~ April 12-14 - Don Lee Center
- Summer Breakaway ~ Ray Pearce ~ June 17-22 - Louisburg College
- Appalachian Trail Hike ~ Mike Ellington ~ July 6-13 – Appalachian Trail (leave from Raleigh)
- ACS (Annual Conference Session for Youth) ~Tom Pritchard ~ July 15-20 - Methodist University
- CYC Retreat ~ Dennis Peay ~ August 9-11 – Camp Chestnut Ridge
- Pilgrimage 2013 – November 8-10 – Crown Coliseum, Fayetteville
For questions about any of these youth events, please contact Robin Harry at 800.849.4433 or 919.779.6115.
Other Opportunities for Youth Involvement
- Co+Mission provides mission opportunities for youth to work with financially struggling people in Rocky Mount and the surrounding counties.
- Duke Youth Academy provides opportunity for a class through worship, study, play, and service with Duke Divinity School faculty.
- Footprints offers short-term mission trips through Camp Rockfish with four different schedules of activity.
- Leader-in-Training at Camp Don Lee offers a four-week intensive leadership development program for older youth.