The following persons have been recommended by the North Carolina Conference Missions Development Team for Missionary partnership and support:
~~ SPECIAL EMPHASIS ~~
The following persons have been recommended by the North Carolina Conference Missions Development Team for Salary Support:
- MOZART ADEVU Eastern Africa (#13996-Z) Mozart is a GBGM missionary serving as the Africa Regional Coordinator for the sustainable Agriculture and Development Program for UMCOR. Substantial focus in work in farmers training in Liberia. (Full bio)
- WIL BAILEY, San Isidro,Costa Rica (SEJ/Conference Missionary) (#S-00140) Wil will be responsible for working with local pastors in the southern zone of Costa Rica and will organize the projects at the Methodist churches in that area for U.S. work teams. Also will teach Theology, Bible and English at the extension campus of the Methodist seminary in San Isidro. Wil’s Web Site
- BRIAN DUBBERLY, Salvadoran Mission Project (SEJ/Conference Missionary) (#S-00197) Brian works with the Methodist Church in El Salvador to improve the spiritual and physical lives of economically disadvantaged people living in El Salvador. He coordinates work teams to build and repair church buildings, build and staff medical clinics, provide food for the hungry, and build homes for people who do not have sufficient financial resources to obtain a home through any other program. Brian’s Web Site
- BUTCH HUFFMAN (#S-00192) NC Conference Missionary Butch is engaging, encouraging, resourcing congregations for mission work team participation. He works with churches to equip them with the “how-to’s” of doing local and foreign mission work teams. He can provide guidance or can lead the team if necessary.
- GREG JENKS (#S-00148) ZOE Ministries, Sub-Sahara, Africa (Conference Missionary) Greg is serving in the Zimbabwe Conference, Rwanda, and other areas of sub-Sahara Africa for the purpose of developing a comprehensive ministry in response to the AIDS pandemic. The primary focus is in the care of HIV orphans. The foci include establishing children’s empowerment ministries, feeding programs, providing school fees and uniforms, and meeting spiritual needs of the children. Mission Information for ZOE and updates from Greg
- FRIDO KINKOLENGE (#15152Z) Liberia Frido, a Methodist originally from the Congo, has been working with the people of Liberia since 2004. He has started several extraordinary programs that are powerful and constructive like the Brighter Children’s Rescue Center and Feed My Lambs. These programs support ex-combatant and street children and feeding/literacy training. (Full bio) Updates on Liberia
- FAITH LAMPHIER (#S-00187) India & Africa (SEJ/Conference Missionary) A Work of Heart – Sharing God’s love through hands-on classes in sewing, cooking, and handcrafts. The skills learned provide an opportunity for the girls and women to gain self-confidence and, often, increase the family income.
- SHIRLEY TOWNSEND JONES, (#982995) Church and Community Worker, Bennettsville-Cheraw, SC. Shirley works with the Bennettsville-Cheraw Area Cooperative Ministry in the SC Conference. She coordinates and implements spiritual, educational, social and economic programs for the 13 member churches and communities. (Full bio)
- GARY WAYNE LOCKLEAR, (#982955) Church and Community Worker assigned to the Rockingham District Native American Cooperative Ministry with the North Carolina Annual Conference. Main goal is to grow the Native American churches and leadership in the coming years and to explore the possibility of developing congregations in all Native American communities in the North Carolina Conference. (Full bio)
- NARA MELKONYAN, Armenia (See #3 under World Mission) Nara is Director of Project AGAPE.
- VICKIE SIGMON, Winston-Salem, NC (#982916-8) Vickie works in a high risk community developing Christian community, promoting social justice and proclaiming God’s loving presence. (Full bio)
- VICTOR TARYOR (#3019571) Liberia, Africa Victor is hospital administrator for Ganta Hospital, a position he has held since 2006. Also a registered nurse, Victor oversees the daily operation of the hospital while communicating with hospital staff to insure the hospital is providing the best possible care to each patient. (Full bio)