The NCCUMC Media Center is a service open to all of the local churches in the NC Conference. Most of our resources are for use with small groups, but we also offer many books, videos, and other resources for individual study. Our entire collection is posted online in the catalog or you may browse the shelves at the Media Center from 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday-Thursday. Appointments are recommended to guarantee librarian availability. Returns can be given to the receptionist when the Media Center is closed and the United Methodist building is open (8am-5pm, Monday-Friday). Please observe the following policies when borrowing resources from the Media Center:
- All churches in the North Carolina Conference of the United Methodist Church may borrow resources from the Media Center free of charge. There is no membership fee.
- Other churches in the NC Conference depend upon your prompt return of materials. Please return resources as soon as you are done using them, or contact the Media Center if you need an extended due date.
- Flexible due dates are given to better serve you, but requests are filled in the order in which they are received. Some due dates cannot be extended because the item has been requested by another church.
- All resources are mailed through the U.S. Postal Service using the Library Mail rate. WE pay the postage to send items to you, YOU pay the return postage.
- Reservations up to one year in advance are possible! It is always a good idea to make early reservations especially for Advent, Lent, and Confirmation materials.
- Requests for resources can be made through the shopping cart in the online catalog, email, phone, online chat, twitter, and in-person. See the Contact Us page for more information.